The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Postcard, to Mrs. Henry Specht, from Owen Town, 1942



Nave - (East) Salisbury Cathedral.

10-4-1942

Dear Mom,

Just a few lines to let you know that I am all right and feel good. but it is damp here in England.  Mom this is the church I went to in England for the third year (? not sure) of war and it sure is pretty inside and it is big.  I wish you could see it.  Mom please tell Avis to take care of herself because she has me worried the way she writes in her letters and tell all the kids I said Hello, and hope you are all well and in good health.

I will close with love,

from Owen

Addressed to:
Mrs. Henry Specht
RFD #2 West Side
Saginaw, Michigan
USA

From:
Pvt. Owen R. Town
ASN 26504951
Batt. E 62nd CA (AA)
APO 302 Postmaster
New York, NY

Passed by:
08002
US Army Examiner

Censored by:
B Jonny

Postmarked:
US Army Postal Service
APO
Oct 8 1942
PM
Free USA

No comments:

Post a Comment