The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Letter, to P.E. Snoddy, from Lelia B. Grace, 1927

148 Black Mountain, N.C.

Jan 28, 1927

Dear Cous

In your letter rec'v a few days ago was more than glad to hear from you and that you enjoyed the little time that you were with me.  I sure did enjoy having you.  Come any time when you have a chance.  Hope Uncle Alford is still feeling better.  My  mother and family are all well.  We are having a lot of sickness and death here.  And a plenty of snow and rain.  The Singing Convention is at South Asle Sunday.  Manual Stagge were here this morning, had a nice little visit with me.  I am glad you got some of the apples that I sent.

Well I think I have said everything for this time.  Write me when you can.

Lovingly,
Your cousin--
Lila B. Grace

Addressed:
Mr. P.E. Snoddy
R 3 Box 108
Spartansburg, S.C.

Postmarked:
Black Mountain, N.C.
Jan 28, 1927
7 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment