The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Postcard, to Mrs. Henry Specht from Owen Town, 1942



Jamaica Bridge, Glasgow

Hello, Ma,

Just a few lines to let you no that I am all right and hope you folks are all right.  Can't say where we are or when we got here but one thing is I can say is that I don't like this country and wish I was home.  I will say so long for this time from your son in law, with love,

Owen

Addressed to:
Mrs. Henry Specht
RFD #2 West Side
Saginaw, Michigan
USA

From:
Pvt. Owen R. Town 62nd CA (AA)
ASN 26504331 BRYTE
United States Army
APO 302
To Postmaster
New York, NY

Censored by:  Lt. B. Jonney

Postmark is hard to read:
US Army Postal Service
APO
Army Examiner
Aug 24, 1942 (I think)
Free USA


No comments:

Post a Comment