The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Letter, to Rev. P.E. Snoddy from Sarah A. Foster, 1928

Gaffney, S.C.
February 18, 1928

Dear Mr. Snoddy,

I received your letter some time ago and have delayed answering it only because I have been very ill for the past two weeks.

I too enjoyed your short visit here in January and sincerely hope that you can come again in the near future.

You said something in your letter about liking to live in Gaffney.  Well Gaffney is a fine little town and I'm sure you'd like it here and I'm sure we should to have you.

I am planning to visit my brother at Inman sometime during the latter part of this month.  I hope to be able to spend several days there.

I was a bit surprised when you said you had been thinking of me for I thought you had forgotten me by now.  It is certainly nice to be thought of.

Sincerely,
Sarah A. Foster

Addressed to:
Rev. P.E. Snoddy
Route 4
Inman, South Carolina

From:
320 W. Meadow St.
Gaffney, S.C.

Postmark is almost illegible:
Feb. 9
S.C.
9 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment