The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Letter, to Emma Rookard from Ola Howze, 1933

Jan. 7, 1933

Dear Aunt,

How are you.  I hope all there all well.  We are all well and hope you are the same.  We are getting along as well as could be expected.  It is warm up here.  Give my love to all of our people.  I had an awful cold but it is much better now.  I wish I could tell you for 1 hr for you know i always could say anything to you but at last I am to far to say anything.

Dear Aunt Emma I wish you would send me a ham if you have it.  I want one so bad.

Let me hear from you.  Is Louise home or teaching?  Looking to hear from you soon.

Your niece,
Ola Howze
2602 Webster Ave.

P.S. This is Mama and Pap's 36 anniversary day so you know how we feel.

Addressed to:
Miss Emma Rookard
Rt. 1 Box 50
Wellford, S.C.

Postmarked:
Pittsburgh, PA, Uptown Sta.
Jan 8, 1934

No comments:

Post a Comment