The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Letter, to Perry Snoddy, 1907

Welford, S.C.
[illegible]
12/11/07

Dear Brother,

With much pleasure I take in writing you a few lines.  We all are very well at this writing.  I hope you are well.

We are having very pretty weather and tho we have lots of rain, the weather are warm and bright.

We have about two bails of cotton in the field yet.

We are threw Gothesin Carn [sic?].

We haven't sown any wheat yet, but I hope the weather will be fairmitable [sic? maybe "farmable"] after Xmas.

We shall not kill hogs til nearer Xmas.

I hope you are getting along well with your studies.

I hope you good health on a Merry Christmas.

Well write and when you can.  I haven't very much to say so good by.

Yours as ever sister,

Emma

Addressed to:
Perry Snoddy
Benedict College
Columbia, S.C.

Postmarked:
Dec. 12, 1907 3 PM
Wellford, S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment