The Vintage Papers Project is a collection of vintage newspapers, photos, letters, etc., transcribed and posted for people researching their family histories.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Letter to Mildred Carson, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1929

Addressed to:
Mrs. John W. Carson
576 Geneva Ave.
Olney,
Philadelphia, PA

Postmark:
Philadelphia PA, Jan 20, 1929, 10:30 PM

Jan. 20, 1929.

Dear Mildred,

I am writing to say that Lou got his promotion but has not been placed as yet.  We expect to know where we are going in about a week and if you see you can help Jerry for a little while longer it will be just fine but if you can't and he is too much bother write to me and let me know.

Just address me Chester Hotel Phoenixville and I will get the letter and will come and get Jerry.  I hope he hasn't made you more nervous but honestly we have been so busy we haven't even had the time to see anyone.  Didn't even get down home for Xmas.

How is Jack?  Hope he has fully recovered by this time.

I think Louis is going to stay right in Philly and in a way I hope he is kept there.  Then I can get an apartment and get settled.  There are some nice ones in Lawndale for $40.00 per month but I think we may go to West Philly.  Well I'll sure be glad to get settled as it is tiresome chasing around the country.

Well here's hopeing [sic] we get settled soon and also hope to see you all soon.

How are your problems coming?  Hope you know some thing definite now.  It sure is a worry not knowing what one is going to do.

Well Mildred if you have to move, and I'm settled and you can't get a place you sure can come with us a while.

We have several demonstrations this week in Spring City and Royersford.  These tours are just 4 miles from Phoenix.

Well here's hopeing [sic] once again that we all meet soon and when do we eat?

Love to all
Edith

No comments:

Post a Comment